Marianne Pearl has to be the stongest woman alive. Imagine if more people (especially more women) started thinking and acting like her...
After the recent claim by Guantanamo prisoner Khalid Sheikh that he personally decapitated her husband, Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel Pearl, in 2002, Marianne had only this to say:
"The only way to fight terrorism is to exercise self-control over the natural feelings of disgust and horror that his declarations provoke.
"I clearly see Khalid Sheikh Mohammed's motives when he proudly volunteers a graphic description of the murder of my husband Daniel Pearl," she said. "Because I understand his intentions I can also deny their effect on me."
Saturday, March 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Detachment, is a virtue that lets you experience your feelings without allowing your feelings to control you. It give you a chance to act, not re-act to your feelings. Mrs. Pearl has honored her husbands memory. We have the choice not to be a victim of others intentions.
Post a Comment